Sunday, September 17, 2006

Taking the Metrosexual Thing Too Far

Dear Metrosexual Encountered in Dun Laoghaire Today:

First, let me say that I'm writing you this letter to spare you future heartbreak. It's not that I'm jealous of your naturally blonde and curly hair. Or your flawless skin. Okay, so it's not just that I am jealous.

I am also concerned about you. I think you've taken the David Beckham "Metrosexual is the New Man" thing way too far.

It boils down to one simple fact: You can wear the pink sweater. Or you can wear the headband. But you can't wear both.

I'd say your hair is your best asset, so go with the headband. But it's your choice.

Sincerely,
Ann
Self-Appointed Common-Sense Fashion Police
Our Motto: I don't care if it's in Vogue or GQ, if it looks stupid, don't wear it.

3 Comments:

At 17 September 2006 at 15:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is why I always carry an emergency pair of hair clippers.

 
At 17 September 2006 at 19:21, Blogger Arbusto said...

If his hair is his best asset, why add an accesory? Leave the hair, wear the sweater.

 
At 18 September 2006 at 14:32, Blogger Terri said...

Well I'm SO glad I finally found the fashion police! Is there an emergency number we can get you on?
For the record, I think there's far too much pink in the world at the best of times.
Did mention I saw a 7-year old on Saturday sporting a huge diamond stud in his ear? Do we get to report his mother for that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home