Saturday, August 12, 2006

A Little Disturbing

I love StatCounter, especially the way it lets you see how people found your site. But sometimes, you have to wonder about the motives of the people who typed their searches into Google. After making a post about Catholic school uniforms, I got an alarming number of hits from suspected pervs. Ditto when I posted on Travels with Grandma about the customs of European spas.

But I think I find the following search equal parts curious and disturbing. This afternoon, someone found this blog by searching for:

find deep frozen storage spaces in the city of dublin ireland

I'm sure there's a story there. I'm just not sure I want to hear it.

4 Comments:

At 12 August 2006 at 23:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have this weird and disturbing one which I blame on comments from Mal of samizdisandat.com :
"susie dent" (I'm just glad the word 'naked' didn't appear after that)
I also have "ptolemy helo centred", "bossboy wikipedia" and "navan fitzpatricks" (it's stress-free you know). Most of the rest are Georgette Heyer-related, oddly enough. And some are the usual naughty ones. Nothing too bad though. I'm much luckier than Fence!

 
At 13 August 2006 at 16:46, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

I love this type of stuff. It is just so interesting to see how people find you.

 
At 19 August 2006 at 07:45, Blogger -Ann said...

NM - I think I would have to look up most of your references there. Why does Georgette Heyer sound so familiar?

Jack - It is indeed. I imagine with your eclectic content, you get found by all sorts of interesting searches.

 
At 25 August 2006 at 15:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did a post about the cost of sending a kid to secondary school last year and mentioned my own experience from years ago where we had to get regulation knickers!

There is a steady stream of people looking up regulation knickers on google who come to my site. Now I have ensured they will stop by here by mentioning them twice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home