Friday, July 21, 2006

My Latest Guilty Pleasure

In general, it's vegging out in front of Animal Planet. I especially enjoy the various Animal Cops franchises, although Peter prefers if I didn't watch them because at least one story line always ends in tears. (Mine, of course.)

But just now, I discovered a show that has rocketed to the top of my guilty pleasures list: Horse Power. It's got everything - horses, competition, intrigue, relationships. What more can you want?

I'd like to learn how to jump but I'm afraid I'd be too much of a wimp. I've never (*knock on wood*) fallen off a horse and the superstitious side of me is sure that jumping is just tempting fate. "Horse Power" is letting me live vicariously. And safely.

4 Comments:

At 21 July 2006 at 23:23, Blogger Fence said...

Jumping does increase the chance of falling. I used to go to lessons and we'd do showjumping. Couldn't tell you how many times I fell off. Never hurt myself though, although once I did end up with a lovely set of bruises when the horse (Porter) knocked me into the jump, and then proceeded to knock the jump on top of me. Plus a hoof or two brushed me. No major injuries though.

 
At 21 July 2006 at 23:54, Blogger Shane said...

Realtionships on Horse Power? Well Dougal, we want keep out of the whole area of actually being in love with the horse.

 
At 23 July 2006 at 03:23, Blogger Career Guy said...

I remember no one was allowed to jump at 4M Stables since the owner thought it was hard on the horses. I thought that was a sensible attitude, though I seem to remember that you were disappointed. Now, perhaps with a motorcycle helmet, shin guards and body armour you could try it.

 
At 26 July 2006 at 09:20, Blogger Terri said...

I'd like to learn how to ride but with my penchant for falling over it's probably not a good idea. Much safer in front of the TV eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home