Friday, July 21, 2006

My Latest Guilty Pleasure

In general, it's vegging out in front of Animal Planet. I especially enjoy the various Animal Cops franchises, although Peter prefers if I didn't watch them because at least one story line always ends in tears. (Mine, of course.)

But just now, I discovered a show that has rocketed to the top of my guilty pleasures list: Horse Power. It's got everything - horses, competition, intrigue, relationships. What more can you want?

I'd like to learn how to jump but I'm afraid I'd be too much of a wimp. I've never (*knock on wood*) fallen off a horse and the superstitious side of me is sure that jumping is just tempting fate. "Horse Power" is letting me live vicariously. And safely.

3 Comments:

At 21 July 2006 at 23:23, Blogger Fence said...

Jumping does increase the chance of falling. I used to go to lessons and we'd do showjumping. Couldn't tell you how many times I fell off. Never hurt myself though, although once I did end up with a lovely set of bruises when the horse (Porter) knocked me into the jump, and then proceeded to knock the jump on top of me. Plus a hoof or two brushed me. No major injuries though.

 
At 23 July 2006 at 03:23, Blogger Career Guy said...

I remember no one was allowed to jump at 4M Stables since the owner thought it was hard on the horses. I thought that was a sensible attitude, though I seem to remember that you were disappointed. Now, perhaps with a motorcycle helmet, shin guards and body armour you could try it.

 
At 26 July 2006 at 09:20, Blogger Terri said...

I'd like to learn how to ride but with my penchant for falling over it's probably not a good idea. Much safer in front of the TV eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home