Saturday, July 15, 2006

A Couple of Hints

So, the musical meme went pretty well, but I hate to have it in an incomplete state. So here are a few hints to help with the guessing.

1. Fhuras am pige ruadh.
Hint: Not only does the name of the band begin with a C, the title of the song is in the lyric.

9. Go, go, go, go now, out of the nest it's time.
Hint: The singer is a woman who also plays the piano.
Credit to John - don't kick yourself too hard. It's difficult to match up lyrics without the tune behind it. Tori Amos - Mother

13. I want your silent parts.
Hint: The band shares its name with the world's second largest international organisation.

14. Take, take all you need and I'll compensate your greed with broken hearts
Hint: This band has a song featured (not this particular one though) on the soundtrack of the movie Millions.

16. The confusion that arises says it all
Hint: OK - this is probably too easy of a hint, but what the heck. This band is the predecessor band of the original creators of the song in #7.

17. My book has more bookmarks than pages
Hint: An Irish band who share their name with a famous type of plane.

18. There must be something that we can eat
Hint: This band's name is also the last name of a very divisive American President.
Credit to the mysterious A lurker - Bush - "Everything Zen"

19. Your body may be gone I'm going to carry you in, in my head, in my heart, in my soul
Hint: This band's name comes from a phrase in a Viriginia Woolf story. It's two words and one of them is a type of rodent.

20. I think I love you but to say so would bore you
Hint: A new(ish) Irish band whose debut CD was recorded in a Dublin bedsit.

21. Many's the day I took for granted
Hint: This is by an Irish American band from L.A. whose music can probably best be described the love child of traditional Irish and punk music.

25. My friend assures me it's all or nothing
Hint: This band's name comes from an English divination poem.
Yay! Credit to Lex - "Anna Begins" - Counting Crows

Play on.

5 Comments:

At 15 July 2006 at 15:25, Blogger Arbusto said...

9. Some song by Vanessa Carlton?

 
At 15 July 2006 at 15:57, Blogger -Ann said...

Nope. I'll give you some more hints (although dear Arbusto, you are probably too young to get this :)) - popular in the early 90s, songwriter, beautiful red hair.

 
At 17 July 2006 at 18:38, Blogger -Ann said...

Shane - Interesting guess. You made me doubt the veracity of my hint. But no, according to Wikipedia, my hint stands and your guess is wrong. I'll give a further hint. It's a policing agency.

 
At 17 July 2006 at 18:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

18 is 'Everything Zen' by Bush

 
At 18 July 2006 at 23:36, Blogger Lex Fori said...

"My friend assures me it's all or nothing."

Ana Begins, Counting Crows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home