Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Random Messages from my I-Pod

Mirty, over at (funny enough) Mirty’s Place, has an interesting little meme out this week.

Grab your MP3 player (or your computer with I-Tunes), set it to shuffle and post the first 15 songs that come up. Mirty admonishes no cheating (yes, we all want to know if you still listen to Duran Duran or the song about a very annoying achy breaky heart).

Since my musical posts always open me up for vicious teasing, I thought this would be fun.

1. Brian Ferry - "More Than This"
2. Interpol - "Take You on a Cruise"
3. Sisters of Mercy - "Something Fast"
4. U2 - "Who's Going to Ride Your Wild Horses"
5. Guggenheim Grotto - "Cold Truth"
6. New Order - "Blue Monday"
7. Modest Mouse - "Ocean Breathes Salty"
8. Modest Mouse - "The World at Large"
9. Talking Heads - "Swamp"
10. Social Distortion - "Story of My Life"
11. Social Distortion - "Knockout"
12. Til Tuesday - "Coming Up Close"
13. U2 - "Out of Control"
14. Sisters of Mercy - "Vision Thing"
15. Tori Amos - "Mother"

Now, in my defense, I only have a 1-gig Shuffle and I never keep it fully stocked. I also tend to like what I like and only listen to that until I get sick of it. I will also listen to a song over and over and over again. Yes, I am boring and unadventurous. I find that my Shuffle behaves the same way.

Apparently, you get the Shuffle that you deserve.

Enjoy.

2 Comments:

At 7 December 2005 at 19:03, Blogger -Ann said...

Shane - Do you and Jessica share an I-Tunes? Peter and I do. As you can see from his list - I hate most of his music. :) (And although he has a much more open-minded approach to music than I do, he hates some of the stuff I like - don't let him tell you any different.)

Peter - glad to see you finally comment on something. I know you can tell me stuff, but it means so much more to have it in writing. :)

 
At 15 December 2005 at 21:13, Blogger -Ann said...

I would highly recommend Modest Mouse. My favourite song of theirs (which I've adopted as my own personal theme song) is called "Float On". My favourite bit:

"Well, a fake Jamaican took every last dime with a scam
It was worth it just to learn from sleight-of-hand
Bad news comes don't you worry even when it lands
Good news will work its way to all them plans
We both got fired on the exactly the same day
Well we'll float on good news is on the way"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home