Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Difference Between Being Married for a Long Time and for Not-a-Long-Time

Me: "I was so tired last night, you know, I really did fall asleep at 9."

Mother-in-Law: "Really?"

Me: "Yes. I didn't even get to see Peter at all yesterday."

Mother-in-Law: "That's wonderful!"

I suffer outrageous burst of laughter that results in strong shushing lest I wake the whole house.

Me: "It's wonderful that I didn't get to see Peter yesterday?"

Mother-in-Law: "No, it's wonderful that you were able to get all the sleep. Obviously, you needed it."

2 Comments:

At 20 November 2005 at 01:21, Blogger Career Guy said...

That sounds like Noirin--mistress of the nonsequitor. Oh even better, if I had a whiteboard handy, it would look like this:

THE POINT would be over here.






And Noirin would be over HERE.

 
At 21 November 2005 at 11:25, Blogger Lyss said...

That is like out of a Catskills comedy routine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home