Memes: The Lazy Blogger's Lifeline
You should all thank Cynthia, because without her tagging me, I don't think there would be a post today. (Or maybe you should scold Cynthia for it. I don't know - it's up to you.) Memes are, of course, the lazy blogger's lifeline.
4 Jobs I've Had:
1. Third-shift hostess at Dennys. Worst job ever - had to deal with all the drunk creeps and didn't even get any tips.
2. Animal caretaker at a summer camp - responsible for the care of captive owls, foxes, rabbits, snakes, a duck, and a really crabby skunk.
3. General kitchen worker at a Jesuit retreat centre - not a bad gig, except when it was AA retreats and I'd have to spend all my time brewing and serving coffee and sucking in second-hand smoke. Recovering alcoholics guzzle coffee and smoke cigarettes like nobody's business.
4. Business manager for the debate team at Ohio University.
4 Movies I've watched over and over:
1. Broadcast News
2. Real Genius
3. Proof of Life
4. LA Story
4 Places I Have Lived:
1. Athens, Ohio
2. Albany, New York
3. Camden, New Jersey
4. Parma, Ohio
4 Shows I Watch (Thanks to the wonder of the Internet):
1. "Mad Men"
2. "The Shield"
4. "The Office"
4 Places I've Been:
4 People Who E-mail Me Regularly:
1. My dad
2. My barn friends
3. My high school friends (as in friends from high school - I'm not running with a young crowd)
4. Middle Brother
4 Favorite Things to Eat:
4. Raw Vegetables (gotta do something to make up for items 1-3)
4 Places I'd Rather Be:
This is a tough one...I am quite happy with where I am. But sure, if pressed...
1. On vacation in Australia and New Zealand
2. Climbing Mt, Kilamanjaro
3. Researching my latest novel in a historical library in New York City
4. Taking and passing my driving test (I just want to get it over with!)
4 Things I Look Forward To This Year:
1. My parents, two aunts, and an uncle are visiting for two weeks in May
2. One of my best friends from high school is getting married in July, in Cleveland
3. On the trip for the wedding, I'm also going to get to see MB, The Kid, and go with them to Cedar Point to ride the big swinging boat
4. My birthday, of course!
Tagging....I'm going to leave this open-ended. Any other lazy blogger out there that needs a topic for a post, you can take this meme and blame me for it.