Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tuesday's Time Wasters

After my camogie season ended a couple of weeks ago, I found myself with a lot more time on my hands on Tuesday nights. I have to confess that I've been a bit sulky about the change in my schedule.
After a long day spent slaving away on manuals that few people will ever read, there's nothing better than running around and hitting things with a stick.

I miss that outlet for my pent-up aggression. It took me nearly two years of therapy to be able to admit that I get angry. Now, I'm at peace with my angry bits, so long as I can channel them in the right direction. Too much time on my hands means that I have too much time to think and brood.

But, lucky for us, there's the Internet – the best time waster and mind distracter ever invented. So, until camogie season starts up again, I hereby declare Tuesday's Time Wasters as a regular feature wherein you get a roundup of the Internet sites that have been distracting me from my troubles.

Night of the Ponies: Easily one of the funniest things I've seen in ages. It's not a rant, exactly, it's more of a story of a bizarre coincidence told in an engaging manner. My only disappointment was that this guy doesn't have more cartoons.

Indexed: Venn diagrams, XY line graphs, and bar charts put to uses that my former English teacher and Logic professor would not have imagined.

Psyclops Translator: Ever wonder what your web site would look like if it had been written by Bob Hoskins? How about by Ice Cube? Wonder no more...(I can't decide whether I am relieved or disappointed that there isn't a D4/Ross O'Carroll-Kelly option.

2 Comments:

At 17 October 2006 at 13:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No no no. This is the most useless timewaster known to girls. It's a complete fuckup, don't go near it.

 
At 17 October 2006 at 19:19, Blogger -Ann said...

Wow. You are so right. All the fun of paper dolls, none of the hassle. (Like those stupid little foldy-over tabs - who did they think they were fooling.) I am glad I waited until I got home to look at that. I'd hate to have the sysadmin at work know that I wasted bandwidth dressing David Beckham.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home