Thursday, October 26, 2006

Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Conversation in the car on the way home from seeing Children of Men:

Peter:
“I like Clive Owen.”
Me: “Me too. He can guard me anytime.”
Peter: “What if the choice was between Clive Owen and Matt Damon?”
Me: “I've kind of gone off Matt Damon.”
Peter: “Even Bourne Identity Matt Damon?”
Me: “Good point. I'd forgotten about Bourne Identity Matt Damon. Actually, you know who I'd run off with in a second?”
Peter: “Who?”
Me: “Simon Pegg.”
Peter: “Who's that?”
Me: “You know – Tim from Spaced.”
Peter: “You mean Tim from The Office
Me: “No. I don't. The guy in Spaced - the bleached blonde one.”
Peter: “Oh, you mean Shaun, in Shaun of the Dead.
Me: “No, I wouldn't run away with Shaun. I'd run away with Tim.”
Peter: “You have got to be kidding. That guy?”
Me: “He's totally my geek crush.”
Peter: “Oh, no, you're not allowed to have a geek crush. I'm supposed to be your geek crush. You remember? Me? Right here? The guy you married.”
Me: “You're not a geek.”
Peter: “Nice try, I am so a geek.”
Me: “No, you're a bit into computers but you're not a geek.”
Peter: “I still can't believe you'd pick that guy over Matt Damon or Clive Owen.”
Me: “You know that muscles scare me in real life.”
Ed. Note: Notice how the hole just gets deeper and deeper? I clearly do not know when to stop digging.

3 Comments:

At 26 October 2006 at 10:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed on Simon Pegg. He's just dandy.

But Clive Owen is a thing that begins with c and rhymes with runt. And Matt Damon is composed entirely of D'uh!

 
At 26 October 2006 at 18:57, Blogger -Ann said...

SL - Thanks for putting that so delicately, my dad reads this blog after all. :)

Shane - I haven't seen Closer. I did like Clive Owen in Children of Men. I am much more likely to have a crush on a character than an actor. (Hence my willingess to run off with Tim, Simon Pegg's comic-book drawing, video-game playing, skateboarding character, and not Shaun, who is not half as cool as Tim.

 
At 29 October 2006 at 18:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to Lex, I'm gay. So...

I like Clive Owen and Matt Damon and Tom Welling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home