Thursday, December 15, 2005

Playing Chicken

Since I moved here, I've heard some pretty interesting traffic reports - a donkey loose on the M-50, a mattress blocking the N-11, a large plastic bag slowing traffic on the M-50. But today's traffic report was the best yet.

From the traffic reporting service:

CAVAN: A truck is no longer obstructing the N55 at Ballineagh, however
the route should still be avoided as up to 7000 chickens are loose in the
area. Some of the chickens are laying eggs on the road and conditions are
quite treacherous all drivers are asked to reduce their speed.


I have to give credit to the AA Roadwatch reporters on the news - they managed to report this without giggling. I don't know how. I was in pieces just thinking about it.

Sadly, since this happened in the middle of nowhere, there aren't any pictures, but you can read the Reuters new's report here.

1 Comments:

At 16 December 2005 at 23:27, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Sounds just like living in cleveland to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home