Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Awards Show

Recently, Sweet Irene and Laurie bestowed me with the Excellent Blog award. Laurie also reminded me that she has indeed been very kind with the award largess, even though I've been not so kind with the acknowledgment.

Lately, I've been trying to live by the Tough Guy Army Rules - don't explain, don't complain. These are hard rules for me to keep and I'm going to skate on the edge by confessing that I am both lazy and not great at accepting compliments. A deadly combination, in this case.

But it's raining, I have the day off, and my dearly departed paternal grandmother will probably haunt me if I don't take proper responsibility to acknowledge and distribute these gracious awards. First, we'll dispense with the three accountants in suits and their methodology. There are no accountants. This is my blog and that maniacal laughter you hear is also mine. I've already mentioned that I'm lazy, so I'm not going to check to see if your award shelf is already stacked to bursting. For the one award where I know the rules, I'll play by the rules. The rest, I'm awarding to three people each and I'm going to avoid double-awarding. Clearly, I could give every award to every blog in my bloglines, but I'm trying not to be lazy.

In no particular order, we'll start with Excellent Blog Awards, which does exactly what it says on the tin and recognises excellence in blogging. Thanks to both Laurie and Irene for passing this on to me. According to The Rules, this goes out to ten lucky bloggers:

Sautering Soul
3 Little Monkeys
Carrie Sue
Babaloo
Alison
AOJ
Swampy
Sandy at Myanderings
Rose at La Vie en Rose
Ped Crossing


The rest of the awards are all courtesy of Laurie and I am embarrassed to admit that they were amassed in the last eight months. (In fact, I think the first one was even awarded on my birthday last July.)

I acknowledge the Creative Blogger award and would like to pass it on to
Irene for the beautiful images on her blog
Rotten Correspondent for her great stories and for illustrating them creatively
Gingerpixel for her fantastic photographs, especially the portrait project



Next up is the Roar for Powerful Words award, which is intended to recognise good writing. I'd send this right back to Laurie, but I'm trying to stick to one award per blogger. Her stories about her dogs and her entry into journalism have made me wish that I could tell a story like that. Anyone can string words together, I'm drawn to story-tellers, so the nice lion award goes out to
Amy for her honest and well-written posts about her life
Primal Sneeze for his funny stories about Irish life
Conortje for his wry observations


Last but not least is the Best Blogging Buddies, for those special pals who are always around to comment and offer support.
I'm sending this out to
fellow ex-pat Wake Up and Smell the Coffee
Kaycie, who is both lost and now incognito in the bible belt
the patient and cheerful Laurie

16 Comments:

At 5 February 2008 at 19:37, Blogger the rotten correspondent said...

Thank you! That's very cool.
And don't feel bad - I hang on to awards for so long that laurie tells me they've expired.

Uh oh. That reminds me. Oops.

 
At 5 February 2008 at 19:38, Blogger wakeupandsmellthecoffee said...

Thank you, ann. I just love getting awards. It's a bit like hearing the ice cream man's van a block away when you're a kid. You rush through dinner, then burst out the door and stand in line for that rainbow popsicle (or whatever). So sweet!

 
At 5 February 2008 at 19:45, Blogger Kim said...

Thank you, Ann.

I love this post. It made me laugh even while I remembered that I have awards of my own to acknowledge and hand out. Or maybe that's why I laughed. I'm guilty, too, though I don't think I've held on to one for 8 months.

So I'm lost and incognito? Ha.

 
At 5 February 2008 at 19:47, Blogger Alison said...

Thanks Ann...this is much appreciated!!!

I used to read Lost In the Bible Belt all the time..and now she is private!! Can you ask her if she will invite me in? I can't find her email to ask myself?

Thanks again!!

 
At 5 February 2008 at 20:01, Blogger Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Oh Anne, thank you! This is my first ever blogging award and I am absolutely thrilled!! Thank you!

 
At 5 February 2008 at 20:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANKS ANN!!! You are far too kind!

 
At 5 February 2008 at 22:09, Blogger Rose said...

Wow! Thank you so much!! But since I'm new at this, can you spell out exactly what I'm supposed to do? You may not know this but I'm still struggling with the Fun Monday rules!

 
At 6 February 2008 at 01:26, Blogger Bren said...

Ann, thank you so much! You are too sweet!

 
At 6 February 2008 at 02:29, Blogger Irene said...

Thank you Ann, that is very kind of you and I will display it proudly.

I am the same way with awards when I get them. If I don't hand them out right away, I forget about them and end up not giving them to anyone at all.

Bad habit!

 
At 6 February 2008 at 04:44, Blogger Cynthia said...

Wow. Lots of blogging love!

I have tagged you.

Please only play if you want to! I will not have my feelings hurt at all if you don't want to be tagged. (-:

 
At 6 February 2008 at 05:29, Blogger Cynthia said...

I was in Naperville. My brother is still there.

Your profile says you are 251.

You have aged well!

 
At 6 February 2008 at 10:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! Thankee very many!

I'll be in Wesht Cork in March. Shur I'll pop 'round to collect the cheque then. :)

 
At 6 February 2008 at 16:22, Blogger Sauntering Soul said...

Ann, thank you sooooooo much! I'm honored.

This reminds me that I now have two awards to acknowledge and pass along. Thanks for a much needed kick in the butt!

 
At 6 February 2008 at 16:44, Blogger ped crossing said...

Why thank you! I do love an award. I am terrible about passing them on. I have a small blog circle and they have usually just been bestowed on everyone already. Excuses, excuses, I know.

 
At 6 February 2008 at 18:06, Blogger -Ann said...

RC - I don't think they ever really expire, as long as you remember them. :)

WUASTC - You're welcome. And unlike ice cream, it's 100% non-fattening.

Kaycie - You're welcome. You are indeed lost and incognito. In fact, I bet you're wearing that incredibly attractive Groucho Marx glasses-moustache combo disguise right now.

Alison - You're welcome. I'll pass your request along. Hey Kaycie, how about it? (I think that's the blog equivalent of bellowing from the bottom of the stairs.)

AOJ - You're welcome. Glad you like it.

Amy - Anytime - just keep making with the Girl Talk stories. :)

Rose - You've come to the right place. I'm a technical writing professional and will stop by your place with directions.
Wow! Thank you so much!! But

Bren - You're welcome. :)

SI - You're welcome and thank you for the Excellent blog award. (I love that graphic.)

Cynthia - I love memes. Will do it soon. Really. :) Naperville....small world alright.

PS - Whereabouts you going? I can tell you where the worst pot holes are. :)

SS - You're welcome. I find I stop by your place for Fun Monday and then get sucked into your archives.

ped crossing - You're welcome. I've the same problem. Luckily, Fun Monday is broadening my blogging horizons.

 
At 7 February 2008 at 16:48, Blogger Sandy said...

Thank you so much. I have been blogged - oops, bogged down in junk this week but will get this up immediately.

Thanks again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home