Monday, March 03, 2008

What Dreams May Come

The dreams journal is continuing to provide me with bizarre insights and much amusement. Often, I scribble a list of images from my dreams before I'm fully awaken. When I read the entry later, not only do I not remember the dream, I don't even remember writing down its details.

For your Monday morning amusement, here is an example of a dream from a week ago:

  • Cleaver wielding maniacs
  • R2D2 wanting to kill and become Yoda
  • Epic battle between good and evil
  • Measuring beans and adding a mushroom for weight in a place like the Motor Tax Office in Cork
  • Eating cheesecake on an escalator

7 Comments:

At 3 March 2008 at 08:21, Blogger Babaloo said...

Oh, I don't even want to try to interpret that. Is that all one and the same dream? How mad. Have you been watching too many Star Wars DVDs?

 
At 3 March 2008 at 12:54, Blogger laurie said...

hmmmmmm.

your dreams sound much more random than mine. mine are always prosaic and linear.

 
At 3 March 2008 at 14:26, Blogger Kim said...

Ha. Laurie is full of beans. The ones she remembers are prosaic and linear. It's the ones she doesn't remember that are probably bizarre!

I have those kinds of odd dreams, too. The ones that are really strange to me, though, are the ones where I'm not sure when I wake up if they are dreams or memories.

 
At 3 March 2008 at 16:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cheesecake one sounds delicious!

 
At 4 March 2008 at 01:59, Blogger Irene said...

My dreams are always very epic and dramatic and full of symbolism. It's like I have whole movie scripts in my head. I should jot them down like you do, but I am usually so relieved when I wake up from them.

Eduard and I tell each other our dreams and are amused by them. We do see recurring themes in them. Eduard very often is in France and I am very often in the States. We're both reliving old parts of our lives in very complicated and convoluted ways.

 
At 4 March 2008 at 03:58, Blogger Irene said...

There is an award for you over at my place.

 
At 5 March 2008 at 05:09, Blogger -Ann said...

Babaloo- Nope, haven't seen a Star Wars film in years. Peter re-watched the prequels recently.

Laurie- I agree with Kaycie, there must be some really weird ones you don't remember.

Kaycie- I know what you mean. And dreams that seem real even after you wake up are weird too. I had two of those last week.

Noelle- The funny thing is I don't even like cheesecake!

SI - Your dreams sound exhausting. Thanks for the award!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home