Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Books Meme

Babaloo has tagged me.

Here are the rules:

* Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. (No cheating!)
* Find Page 123.
* Find the first 5 sentences.
* Post the next 3 sentences.
* Tag 5 people

My book is Lonely Planet's guide to Ireland, because I'm planning for my family's trip here in May.

Page 123 occurs in the Dublin lodging section of the guide.

This is a real beauty, a converted Victorian schoolhouse that is now a suburb boutique hotel with 31 exsquisite rooms, each named after an Irish writer, and stocked with luxury toiletries and all sorts of modern amenities. A place ahead of its - ahem - class.

Herbert Park Hotel(Map p.80...more contact info.)


I don't know if you'd call it serendipity or kismet or what, but the first two sentences describing the boutique hotel - that's the Schoolhouse Hotel, which is where we had our big fancy wedding in 2004. And I used to work right next to the Herbert Park Hotel.

I think everyone I would have tagged has done this already. If you haven't, isn't it about time you did?

9 Comments:

At 13 February 2008 at 12:09, Blogger laurie said...

what a great coincidence, that that's your hotel.

i haven't done this meme yet but i've been tagged...will do it soon.

how cool that your family is visiting in may. (and what a great time to visit ireland.)

is this their first visit?

 
At 13 February 2008 at 12:42, Blogger Yvonne said...

I was going to do that meme but the sentences were snoozeworthy...

 
At 13 February 2008 at 15:28, Blogger the rotten correspondent said...

I've been tagged, too. I'm on it!

 
At 13 February 2008 at 15:55, Blogger Aoj and The Lurchers said...

I haven't done it yet either so will mark that one in for later in the week.

 
At 13 February 2008 at 17:36, Blogger Kim said...

That is a cool coincidence. I bet you cannot wait for your family to come.

I'd love to get hubby to go to Ireland with me. It is hard for him to get past that plane ride, though. When we went to England, he swore he'd never do it again unless we could fly first class. Right.

 
At 14 February 2008 at 03:56, Blogger Irene said...

I have been tagged and done it, but I wouldn't mind if someone tagged me again, seriously, not just for the hell of it, because it was a lot of fun.

 
At 14 February 2008 at 08:32, Blogger Babaloo said...

that's a cool coincidence!
The good thing about this meme is that you can do it again after a while. Because we'll all be reading different books by then.

 
At 14 February 2008 at 16:32, Blogger ped crossing said...

I've already been tagged and it is on my to do list. That is a very cool coincidence. Maybe you need to go visit.

 
At 14 February 2008 at 18:54, Blogger -Ann said...

Laurie - It's my parents' first visit to the Middle of Nowhere. Their first visit to Ireland was for our wedding in 2004. My two aunts and an uncle are also coming and they've never been to Ireland.

Yvonne - You'll have to try again when you're reading a different book. Or do you have 123 pages in your manuscript? You could use that. :)

RC - Looking forward to it.

AOJ- Well sure, how could you, without electricity? :)

Kaycie - Yep, I am so very excited (which is why I'm already planning away, even though it's 3 full months away). Ireland is fantastic - well worth the 8 hours' flight in coach.

SI - Consider yourself re-tagged.

Babaloo - Or, you could take your laptop and do the meme from different rooms, grabbing the closest book in each room.

PC - It's a fun and easy meme, as these things go. At least I didn't have to agonise over 7 personal weird facts or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home