Saturday, June 10, 2006

Amsterdam Trip Report Now Available

Yes, it's not just a vicious rumor - the report of our five lovely days in Amsterdam is now available at Travels with Grandma. The usual disclaimers apply - it is long and you might want to print it. (If you do, I recommend opening each day and printing those pages. Otherwise, you will print the every entry on the first page of the blog and that will waste a lot of paper.)

A word of warning, I'm going to rate this entry PG-13 (and John Kelleher would definitely give it a 12A) for mild peril and soft drug use. Hey, it's Amsterdam. What did you expect? :)

Enjoy!

5 Comments:

At 11 June 2006 at 19:15, Blogger Terri said...

Yay! I can't wait. Blogger's been a pain this week but as soon as I've caught up I will cosy up with my laptop (sorry, didn't mean to hit a nerve there) and read the trip report.
:)

 
At 13 June 2006 at 21:16, Blogger Col said...

I honestly haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Your descriptions of Peter's misadventures had me rolling on the floor. I really don't mean to have a laugh at his expense, and I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time. Does it seem to you that there was some sort of karmic retribution involved? Like the Birthday Gods saying, "You're 31 and want to spend your birthday smoking pot? Mwahahaha, welcome to Middle Age! Now suffer the consequences!"

 
At 13 June 2006 at 21:18, Blogger Col said...

Btw, the Segway thing sounds really cool. Did you get any pictures?

 
At 14 June 2006 at 13:15, Blogger Shane said...

I swear these trip reports would make a great travel log book.

 
At 14 June 2006 at 22:31, Blogger -Ann said...

Terri - You didn't hit a nerve when you posted the comment, but now Peter's taken his laptop to Kerry so I am laptop-less. Argh. I do so love to curl up in bed with a good laptop.

Col - It wasn't funny at the time but we've both had some good laughs over it ourselves. (Although some of them were of the rueful variety.) I don't know about karmic retribution but it was certainly a life lesson! And yes, we have some pictures that Edith took and emailed to us, but I can't remember my Flickr information so I have to wait until Peter can put them on his server.

Shane - Aw, thanks. You are far too kind. But you're teeny bit biased. I don't know that they'd be as interesting to total strangers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home