Friday, May 26, 2006

...Next, the Mushy Stuff

Dear Big B,

So, another year gone. I can tell we're getting older. Time doesn’t just fly. It laughs at us as it cruises along at Mach speed, leaving us helpless to catch up.

It's been an interesting year and I do mean interesting in both the dictionary-definition sense and the Chinese-curse sense. We have lived in interesting times this last year and have navigated our way through an ocean of changes. The best part of this year has been getting a new perspective and a new appreciation of you.

Some of our new circumstances have helped me walk a mile in your sea salt-stained Doc Martens. I have a new appreciation of your patience, your ability to soothe away groundless fears, your capacity to sigh for the thousandth time but still reason away irrationality. I have a fresh admiration for your willingness to take one for the team with grace and good humour. I have renewed respect for your optimism and your outgoing nature.

So, thank you. Thank you for being my best friend. Thank you for being a calming influence. Thank you for being the steady and loving Great Dane to my hyper and stubborn terrier.

Happy Birthday, Sweets. I love you more than chocolate, dogs, ponies, and camogie, all put together. High praise indeed.

Love,
Lil B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home