Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Breed All About It

Middle Brother recently asked me what Irish wolfhounds were bred to hunt. When I told him wolves, he groaned and called himself stupid. This is a regular thing with MB - he's not stupid at all, but school was tough for him and I think it gave him a complex.
Besides, only dog freaks like me can tell you the purpose of any dog.

I asked him if he knew what Great Danes were bred to hunt. I could practically hear his smile over the phone as he said "Danes." As I laughed, he continued in his droll, dead-pan manner. "What did they do? Send a whole pack of them up to Denmark and give the 'go fuck up their shit' command?"

When I'd recovered from my laughing jag, I warned him that this was going on my blog at my earliest opportunity. He replied, "That's okay, I'm willing to burn my bridges with the entire country of Denmark."

11 Comments:

At 26 November 2008 at 08:16, Blogger Irene said...

Hee, hee, that's great!

 
At 26 November 2008 at 08:40, Blogger Babaloo said...

Ha ha, my first laugh of the morning! Your MB is great! :-)

 
At 26 November 2008 at 14:01, Blogger Kim said...

Hilarious!

Since I know that schnauzers were bred as ratters (without looking it up), does that mean I'm a dog freak too?

 
At 26 November 2008 at 16:15, Blogger Noelle said...

Does that mean that German Shepherds are good at corralling Germans?

 
At 27 November 2008 at 06:47, Blogger ped crossing said...

And Pomeranians were bred to collect dust bunnies under furniture. Are the kids still playing nicely?

 
At 27 November 2008 at 09:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 27 November 2008 at 09:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 27 November 2008 at 09:45, Blogger -Ann said...

TBB and Babaloo - MB is a very funny guy. I'm considered the least funny kid in our family.

Kaycie - did you learn about Schnauzers when you were researching the breed before you got Jack? If not, then you might indeed be a dog freak.

Noelle - I suppose they would be good at that. :)

PC - I think it was the Chicago columnist Mike Royko who said the only thing little dogs were good for was to spray them with Pledge and get them to dust under the furniture. The kids are doing great - will post about it soon.

Anonymous Spammer - Please go away. No one wants to read about the 'Angilina Jolie Life Story' or see your sexy wallpaper.

 
At 29 November 2008 at 01:46, Blogger Kim said...

I think I've always known that, Ann. My childhood dog was a miniature schnauzer. On top of that, I'm kind of nerdy, so my head is full of useless and pointless knowledge. ;)

 
At 3 December 2008 at 01:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann, you make me realize that I might just be ok... and the Great Gazoo will more than likely NOT appear before me and say, "Hello, Dum-dum." And also, don't kid yourself pal, you KNOW you wanna see my sexy wallpaper. - MB

 
At 5 December 2008 at 19:18, Blogger -Ann said...

Kaycie - Hmmm. I think you might be a dog freak. :)

MB - Much like a fine wine, you've matured and improved immensely with age. You're more than okay and are entirely safe from the Great Gazoo. I promise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home