Monday, July 21, 2008

Running for a Reason

I don't need a reason to run - it's something I just do because I'm stubborn, enjoy being alone, and am maybe (like all runners) a few sandwiches short a picnic. But thanks to Barbara, I'm going to run the Cork Women's Mini Marathon* and use the opportunity to raise money for Amnesty International. This is the sort of thing I've always wanted to do and was just waiting for the right kick up the arse. I mean opportunity, I was just waiting for the right opportunity.

And not only do I believe in what Amnesty does and feel that they've never been more needed in this screwed up world, I'm also thrilled that the Internet has made fundraising easier. You can check out my fundraising page and donate online with a credit card. It's all very secure and professional, handled by a well-respected payment processing company.

I'd appreciate any donations (as I'm sure Barbara would as well) and will write up a blog post after the big event.

*Ed. pedantic footnote: I hate the term 'mini marathon' because a marathon is a specific distance: 26.2 miles. 'Mini marathon is arbitrary and meaningless. The mini marathon in question here is 4 miles.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 21 July 2008 at 19:56, Blogger Kim said...

Good for you!!

 
At 21 July 2008 at 21:24, Blogger Babaloo said...

Cool, I'm glad you're doing that with me. :) And glad for the publicity. Maybe we'll get a few more people to donate a few Euro/Dollars/Pesos/whatever-kind-of-
currency-you-have-where-you-live.

 
At 22 July 2008 at 15:35, Blogger laurie said...

clearly i will have to sponsor both of you!!!

 
At 22 July 2008 at 21:48, Blogger -Ann said...

Kaycie - Thanks. :)

Babaloo - Thanks so much for the invitation/reminder.

Laurie - Yes, we couldn't have anyone playing favourites. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home