Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Crazy Eights

I've been tagged by Bren at 3 Little Monkeys to do the crazy eight meme. I'd seen it before and it looked like fun, I was considering doing on the 8th, tagged or not. :)

8 things I'm passionate about:

1. Peter (who I often say is the one part of my life I got right)
2. camogie
3. writing (I'm doing NaNoWriMo again this year)
4. Cork hurling team
5. reading
6. traveling
7. baking
8. podcasts (definitely the best thing since sliced bread)

8 things I want to do before I die:

1. Have a book published (and have it do at least reasonably well).
2. Be interviewed by Terri Gross (for the book tour, obviously).
3. Learn to speak Irish.
4. Have a smallholding to produce as much of my own food as possible.
5. Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro.
6. Go to Japan, Australia, New Zealand, and Vietnam.
7. Tour Iceland on an Icelandic horse.
8. Win a running event for my age group. (I'm really slow - I'm going to have to live to be 100 and still running to accomplish this one.)

8 things I say often :

1. Good morning, Sunshine!
2. Good night, Sprite.
3. Go lie down!
4. I want to speak to Calm Toby. Is Calm Toby in there?
5. Slán!
6. Go raibh míle maith agat. (I do live in the Gaeltacht after all.)
7. Love you.
8. Don't touch me with that thing! (Get your mind of the gutter. This is directed at Toby and his disgusting slobbery toys, usually a chewed up Kong.)

8 Books I’ve read recently (or am still reading):

1. Simple Genius by David Baldacci
2. City of Bones by Michael Connelly
3. The Perfect Husband by Lisa Gardner
4. Into Thin Air by Jon Krakaur
5. The Mephisto Club by Tess Gerritsen
6. Echo Park by Michael Connelly
7. Cross by James Patterson
8. Exit Music by Ian Rankin

8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over (And do!):

1. "Float On" - Modest Mouse
2. "Ocean Breathes Salty" - Modest Mouse
3. "Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)" - Arcade Fire
4. "Crown of Love" - Arcade Fire
5. "Beautiful Day" - U2
6. "Dashboard"- Modest Mouse
7. "Hallelujah" - I'm especially partial to Rufus Wainwright's version although I can also go with Jeff Buckley
8. "D'yer Maker" - Led Zepplin

8 Things that Attract Me to My Best Friends:

1. Good senses of humour.
2. Fun to be around.
3. The ability to pick up where we left off, even if we haven't seen each other for years.
4. Good listening skills.
5. Have a wide variety of interests.
6. Patience.
7. Good hearts (in the metaphoric sense).
8. The willingness to put up with my shyness and get past it instead of just figuring that I'm aloof and difficult (or intimidating or stuck up or dorky or whatever bizarre thing people are always telling me I am when really I'm just not good at social situations).


8 People I Think Should Do Crazy Eights:
1. Conortje
2. Terri
3. Kaycie
4. Laurie
5. Wake Up and Smell the Coffee
6. Dave
7. Amy
8. My Dad

Whew. That took longer (and more thought) than I expected.

7 Comments:

At 6 November 2007 at 19:30, Blogger Bren said...

Echo Park is next on my list to read!

 
At 6 November 2007 at 20:46, Blogger Kim said...

What a cool list. It's fun getting to know things about you through your blog.

 
At 7 November 2007 at 03:30, Blogger laurie said...

i hardly know any of those songs!

but your friends list is a very good one.

i can do this. i will.....thanks!

 
At 7 November 2007 at 09:06, Blogger wakeupandsmellthecoffee said...

I'm intrigued by your music and book choices. Thanks for tagging me. I'll try to do my best.

 
At 7 November 2007 at 16:09, Blogger Kim said...

You have the same musical taste as my (admittedly eclectic and mature) 16 year old daughter. Very cool.

I posted about our new puppy today, but you tag will be my next post.

Thanks, Ann.

 
At 7 November 2007 at 19:34, Blogger -Ann said...

Bren - I was really surprised by how much the book drew me in. I wasn't that interested in reading it, but I ended up really appreciating the characters and the story.

Kaycie - Thanks. Your daughter has excellent taste. Can't wait to read about your puppy. (And eventually about your 8 things.)

Laurie - "I can do this. I will..." sounds like you're quitting smoking or taking some other serious vow. :) I'll enjoy reading your list although I really want to read the rest of Birth of a Hack.

WUASTC - I have a very limited range - I like what I like I tend to stick with it. :) I look forward to reading your list.

 
At 17 November 2007 at 20:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann,

I'm in - I'll make it one of my next blogs. Good luck with NaNoWriMo and I hope that you publish a book well, well, well before you die! It'll happen!
Amy P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home