I've always wanted to be tagged for something, so, thanks, Laurie, for giving me a reason to do a post. (In point of fact, I do have a post scribbled on a piece of scrap paper that I wrote last week at work while waiting for something to download on a very slow connection, but I've not yet managed to type it up yet.)
Thinking up seven interesting things that you don't know about me is pretty difficult, partly because I'm not really that interesting and partly because I'm fairly open about sharing online the neuroses that make for good answers to these sorts of challenges.
So...here we go.
1. I started cello lessons in fourth grade on a dare. The instrument was bigger than I was and the tallest boy in the class dared me to play it.
2. I love boats and swimming but I am terrified of the ocean. Wading into waves on the beach is fine. Being on a boat in the open water gives me the heebies.
3. I broke up with my first "boyfriend" after he told me, during a phone conversation, that he ate gerbils and worshipped the devil. I was in eighth grade at the time and the word boyfriend has to be used fairly loosely, as neither of us drove, we went to different schools, lived about 10 miles apart, and our only date was at a "Welcome Incoming Freshman Dance" at my high school.
4. The Gerbil Eater, as he came to be known, was not the first boy I ever kissed. That didn't happen until I was 16 and a half and a junior in high school.
5. My favourite sandwich is cheese and crisps on brown bread. You just can't beat the crunch.
6. Because of extensive orthodontia, I am missing 4 molars, all 4 wisdom teeth, and a small bone in the roof of my mouth.
7. My special talent is being able to find bathrooms. I can walk into a pub or hotel and locate the toilet instinctively.