Friday, February 23, 2007

Foghlaim Dé hAoine

This week's Foghlaim Dé hAoine is going to be a little different. I've written an essay on something that falls under this week's theme. I'm going to put the translation in the first comment, and also put a few notes on things I was unsure of. Please correct me - I'm sure it's rife with errors.

Is maith liom ag féachaint "Aifric" ar an teilifís. Tá Aifric déagóir. Tá sí agus a cara dul ar scoil agus tá spraoi orthu go hiondúil. Ach tá trioblóid ansin uaireanta. Tá Claudia namhaid de hAifric agus níl sí deas.

Tá Aifric inchurtha le "Lizzy McGuire." Is breá liom é. Tá "Aifric" mo phléisiúr ciontach.


File under:

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 23 February 2007 at 10:58, Blogger -Ann said...

I like watching "Aifric" on the television. Aifric is a teenager.
She and her friend go to school and usually have fun. (I realise 'tá spraoi orthu' is a bit of a tortured translation - fun is on them - but I really wasn't sure how to express the idea of having fun, so this was my best guess.)

But sometimes there is trouble. Claudia is Afric's enemy and she is not nice. (Wasn't sure how to do a possessive - went for "of Aifric.")

Aifric is similar to Lizzy McGuire. (Again, not sure how to phrase this, went with my best guess.) I love it. Aifric is my guilty pleasure.

 
At 25 February 2007 at 12:14, Blogger Fence said...

I would've said "Tá Aifric cosúil le Lizzy McGuire", but not sure if your version is incorrect. I'm sure someone with a bit more Irish will be along soon to share their expertise :)

 
At 28 February 2007 at 03:11, Blogger laurie said...

come back, ann!

 
At 1 March 2007 at 06:40, Blogger -Ann said...

Fence - Thanks. I vaguely remember seeing "cosúil le" sometime in my travels. Sometimes, when I'm writing a word I don't properly know, I use the dictionary, so when there are options, I don't know the differences and nuances of them.

Laurie - Sorry about the silence. Had a bit of post-vacation depression. You know how it is - go away for a couple of days, come home and you have to catch up on regular life and then you don't feel like doing anything or talking to anyone. Or maybe I'm just a weirdo.

 
At 19 March 2013 at 21:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valuable info. Fortunate me I dіscoveгеԁ your web sіte bу aссident, and
I am suгpriѕeԁ why this tωist of
fate dіd not happened earlier! I booκmaгked it.



Ϻy page; seo dallas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home