Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sweet Dreams

When The Kid is concerned that he might have nightmares, he has a method to try to prevent them. He talks and thinks about all the good dreams he could have instead, and drifts off to dreamland with happy visions in his head.

One evening, Middle Brother and The Kid were discussing the various good dreaming options available. It was suggested that The Kid might dream about being Spiderman. A reasonable suggestion as The Kid loves Superheros and who wouldn't want to dream about acrobatically gliding and swinging through the streets of New York City.

The Kid considered this suggestion, but then expressed a concern. "But Dad, what if the bad guys come and I have to fight them? The bad guys might be so scary, it could turn into a bad dream."

Middle Brother had anticipated this concern and he offered The Kid a dreaming loophole. "Ah, but you could dream that you were on vacation. Think about lying out at the beach, in your Spidey-suit, drinking ice tea."

The image of The Kid, sunbathing in a Spiderman suit while on vacation cracks me up. I think I've also found a way to prevent bad dreams.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 28 October 2008 at 10:51, Blogger Babaloo said...

Ha ha, this is brilliant!!! What a great picture to make you smile.

 
At 28 October 2008 at 13:25, Blogger Kim said...

How cute. When my daughter was little, she used to do something similar. I don't think angels, fairies, and kittens would probably be up The Kid's imagination alley, though!

 
At 28 October 2008 at 15:49, Blogger Irene said...

How old is the Kid anyway? He sounds like he's the age of my grandson who is ten. Of course, I haven't talked to him on the phone for ages.

 
At 28 October 2008 at 17:03, Blogger Noelle said...

He'd get a funny spidey tan!

 
At 29 October 2008 at 15:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe a lovely idea indeed :-)

 
At 30 October 2008 at 15:08, Blogger Emily said...

I just found your blog through 'the black box'.
I live in Minnesota, but I've always had this.. 'thing'... for Ireland. I am totally starting at the beginning of your blog and reading though.
Is Ireland everything they say it is? I even blogged about it like a month ago, how drawn I am to the place..
AND I'm a book mooch fan too! Lol!
Anyways.. Just wanted to drop you a line on your blog! I cant wait to read more!
Em

 
At 1 November 2008 at 06:35, Blogger -Ann said...

Babaloo - You gotta love The Kid.

Kaycie - No on the angels and kittens, but I think MB did get him to believe something about faeries having a tea party in his room when he was visiting other grandparents out of state.

Irene - The Kid is 6, nearly 6 and a half at this point, which I'm sure you can agree is an Important Difference. :)

Noelle - I hadn't thought of that! Actually being a redhead, he;d probably just burn.

Conortje - It is a foolproof plan. And I had to use it last night after watching Saw before bedtime. :)

Emmyredneck- Welcome! Glad you found the blog and hope you enjoy the past posts. Ireland is everything they say and more, although I'm probably a wee bit biased.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home