Friday, January 28, 2005

A Blog Is Born

OK, first of all, I hate that word - blog. It sounds like something you should only ever do in private. But, since my dad (http://careerguy.blogspot.com) just started one this week, I feel the pressure to start one. (Yes, if my dad jumped off a bridge, I probably would too.)

Do you think people make snap judgements about blogs the way they do when they meet someone in person? If I were meeting my blog, I'd guess the author was a runner, with a lot of energy, who likes things simple and straightforward. If I guessed that, I would be right. If you met me in person, you'd think I was a low-maintenance, incredibly quiet, average sort of person. You'd be right, except for the quiet part. I'm only quiet around strangers. Once I get comfortable with you, watch out.

My plan for this blog (ugh - have to think of different word) is to detail my marathon training and my other activities, particularly in the writing world. I'm a freelance writer, I'm trying to launch my own company (http://www.fullcountcommunications.com), I'm looking for a publisher for my first book, and I'm writing my second book. And since all of those activities, enjoyable though they are, currently pay practically nothing, I'm looking for a part-time job.

Will I find time for all that? Will a publisher ever fall in love with my book? Will my second book get written? Will I FINALLY break 5 hours in the marathon? Stay tuned to find out.

3 Comments:

At 28 January 2005 at 17:50, Blogger Career Guy said...

Yay! Very well done. I loved your introduction--much better than mine. I am still looking for my voice, I guess. Love, dadeye

 
At 9 May 2016 at 02:31, Blogger oakleyses said...

true religion outlet, oakley pas cher, coach purses, michael kors, ray ban pas cher, sac hermes, lululemon canada, nike air max uk, sac vanessa bruno, guess pas cher, nike air max uk, burberry outlet, replica handbags, polo lacoste, converse pas cher, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, nike tn, ray ban uk, michael kors outlet, nike air force, michael kors outlet, uggs outlet, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, burberry handbags, coach outlet store online, nike blazer pas cher, north face, michael kors outlet online, true religion outlet, hogan outlet, kate spade, vans pas cher, abercrombie and fitch uk, ralph lauren uk, michael kors outlet online, true religion jeans, mulberry uk, nike free uk, uggs outlet, hollister uk, nike roshe run uk, north face uk, timberland pas cher, michael kors, new balance

 
At 9 May 2016 at 02:37, Blogger oakleyses said...

ugg pas cher, canada goose outlet, hollister, replica watches, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, ugg, moncler, swarovski, canada goose jackets, supra shoes, canada goose, moncler, canada goose, links of london, canada goose, toms shoes, barbour, juicy couture outlet, ugg uk, pandora charms, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, marc jacobs, montre pas cher, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, moncler, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, moncler, louis vuitton, lancel, coach outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose outlet, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, karen millen uk, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora jewelry, swarovski crystal, wedding dresses, pandora uk, barbour uk, moncler uk, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, doudoune moncler

 

Post a Comment

<< Home